Today, I wrote an email to my friends to express my feelings to all the comments they made abt me in FB. Think abt it. Some stupid remarks had sore a good friendship. I hate it! But I had to explain myself. Otherwise, ppl can just bluntly say or write anything without considering my feelings. And when I did that it seems like I was at fault. As if I was the caused of the squabble. Why is it every time I have to consider others before myself?
Firstly, I’m not a kid who can’t differentiate a joke with insinuation. The remarks something like “Aku penat bbq, kau relaks dgn Kak Su”, “Aku sibuk bakar makanan, kau sibuk amek gambar” & “Engkau kan bz”, what are those supposed to mean? Isn’t it trying to tell everybody that I was not helping? When my pics are literally everywhere does that prove I was just idling around?? So tell me, what was I supposed to do when they want to photograph with me? Tell them “Sori eh I bz la, tak leh amek gambar”? Yek eleh, kalau aku superstar takpe. Even if there are unhappy feelings, then tell me personally and don’t comment it on pics where many ppl can read. Everybody was tired on that day. I thought when we decided to organize a major event like that, we were mentally and physically prepare. Why must argue after that? Call me sensitive, I don’t deny it. I’m sensitive.
Another issue is abt comments on my physical appearance. All these while, I have also put up with shameful comments abt the way I look eg. my smile, my teeth and my lanky figure. I don’t mind if I’m called ‘selenge’, ‘blur’ or ‘stupid’. But I just couldn’t accept when ppl criticize my looks and appearance. So what if I’m skinny like ‘Olive’??!! So what if I look like a pole or plank??!! So what??!! I’ve been like this since I was young. Considering that I’m a mother of 3, do you know there are women who envy my figure? I can wear almost anything without looking awkward. It’s a gift.
Even if I argue back in a joking manner, it doesn’t mean I’m pleased abt it. I expect you to know the limit and when to stop. But when the same comments keep repeating, you have finally piled up too much straw on my back. And when I fire back, some of you can’t accept.
Hey, I am the one you ppl hurt. When you wrote all those hurting remarks abt me, had you for once consider how I would have felt? Have you ever put yourself in my shoe? Have you ever imagine what a woman would have felt to be ridicule?
One of you argued why do I make a fuss now when the teasing already exist since school days. How old was I at that time? Of course when I was teen I can still giggle and smile at those remarks. But I’m a grown up now. Although I can still laugh abt it, that doesn’t mean you can continuously make fun of me. Can’t you see how different I am now compared to then? Is covering my mouth when laughing a problem? When I said it’s a habit, stop asking. Isn’t that explanation enough?
Well, if you don’t appreciate Allah’s Creation, then be it. No matter how bad my appearance is, I’m happy and proud the way I am. At least, some ppl still appreciate me. Still think I’m great. And I’m glad I’ve never mock you the way you did to me. That’s it.
So now you figure out what had happen. Never make a Taurus angry. When we get mad, we can destroy everything in our path and it will take sometime before the dust settles and peace reigns again. Too bad coz I was born to be like that.