Thursday, July 10, 2008

No more trouble, please...

Before I start writing further, I would like to congratulate Rancour for winning the Anugerah Band competition last night. I think they deserves it coz last night they were the most energetic and entertaining of all 4 bands. I was a bit disappointed with X-Tech coz I thought they could do much better.

Yesterday, I was MC from work and too sick to attend class in the evening. Today, I’m still not feeling well but still go to work coz I can’t afford to be greeted with tons of work that would definitely be abandoned in my tray during my absence.

2 days ago, I received 2 prank calls in the office. 1st call was answered by my colleague. When I picked up the call, the caller hanged up on me. When enquired, my colleague said the caller was a man. Couple of minutes later, the 2nd call came in and I answered the call coz I knew it would be from the same caller. I guess the caller couldn’t recognize my voice when he asked for me. After I replied him, he
immediately hanged up. I was quite pissed off but it made me paused for few seconds when suddenly something strike into my head at that very moment. I recognized the voice. Even though just few words were exchanged, I know who it belongs to. MY EX-HUBBY!

At that very moment, my imagination was already running wild. He must have been up to something. I’m pretty sure it’s something no good. Well, I’m not trying to jump to conclusion. Living with him for 7 years, I know his characters well enough to judge his action. In a split second my attention was channeled to my son, Iyas. I called my mom immediately to check if Iyas had already left for school but it was not answered. Even though I know my mom will send him off on the school bus, it’s just a normal mother’s instinct to make sure that her child is far from harm. Why am I saying that? I think you can kind of guess. My ex-hubby has been fighting for our son even before we were divorced. When the custody was awarded to me, he was angry and disappeared. He doesn’t even give maintenance for the kids and left all the responsibilities on my shoulder. But it doesn’t matter coz as long as he doesn’t bother my life, I’m more than happy.

But now I began to feel wary for he might take our son away. Although I have every right on the latter, the former is still the biological father. My son is very close to his father. Even though he hasn’t seen his father for 2 years, he still asks and talks abt the latter. It worries me coz if my ex-hubby managed to psycho him, I’m doomed.

Later that night, when I asked Iyas who he would choose, his answer confirmed my fear. His reply was something like this, “If I stay with Daddy, surely he buy lots of toys for me. Nyai too.” Nyai is his paternal grandma. OMG! You must have felt what I felt at that moment.

My hubby’s family doted on my son. Since he was a baby, they lavished him with toys and clothes. It’s my mistake too for allowing them to do so. I should have had refrained them from spoiling him.

Now I’m really at wit’s end. I just hope that it’s just my suspicion, and nothing will happen. Even if my ex-hubby re-appears, I hope he won’t create much hassle to my life. Seriously, I’m tired of all the arguments. I am beginning to adjust to a whole new life and wish no hiccups at this stage. May Allah give me the Guidance & Blessings. Amiin..