1 week ago, I saw Syifa online on FB chat. She told me that RKM is publishing a life journey book of some RKM residents and she is one of the selected few. I was pleased to hear that coz I strongly think she deserves the honour. Syifa has indeed gone through a long way and she is one of the residents who changed a lot. I’m so happy and proud of her. May Allah SWT bless her with happy life and family.
While chatting with her, I asked her a favour to gather some of the female residents for a reunion. And she did! So, last Friday, we met for the 1st time after 10 years. There were 7 of them altogether and I’m so happy to see those familiar faces once again. These girls used to colour my life. They taught me lots abt patience and perseverance. Their stories made me realize that life is so fragile and precious that I can’t afford to take even a tiny bit mistake. Their playfulness and naughtiness used to drive me crazy but they were my joy.
I was so surprised to see how these girls have blossom. Those faces I miss are still very much the same except that they are more gorgeous now with make-up on the faces and trendy clothes on their body. I just couldn’t believe that these are the girls I used to care 10 yrs ago. Seeing them that day, make me realized that I’ve aged hahaha. I guess most of them are ard 27-29 years old now. 5 of them are already mothers and some of their kids are as old as my son. Times really fly so fast huh?
Even though I was excited to see them and wanted to hear more abt their life after RKM, I have to leave early that night coz I have appointment with the usual “kakis” at 9.30PM. And so reluctantly, I have to bid goodbye but I told them that I’ll try to arrange another meet soon and promise to spend longer time with them. On my way to fetch Acid, my mind flew back to those days at RKM. What would my life be now if I hadn’t been serving the Home?
The reason why I joined RKM was I felt my life was so empty that time. I have no sense of direction in life and felt lost most of the time. So when I was found out that RKM needed WO, I took the opportunity to serve the Home. And I thanked Allah for that coz I’ve never regret the decision I made. I owe my life to RKM and the residents.
While chatting with her, I asked her a favour to gather some of the female residents for a reunion. And she did! So, last Friday, we met for the 1st time after 10 years. There were 7 of them altogether and I’m so happy to see those familiar faces once again. These girls used to colour my life. They taught me lots abt patience and perseverance. Their stories made me realize that life is so fragile and precious that I can’t afford to take even a tiny bit mistake. Their playfulness and naughtiness used to drive me crazy but they were my joy.
I was so surprised to see how these girls have blossom. Those faces I miss are still very much the same except that they are more gorgeous now with make-up on the faces and trendy clothes on their body. I just couldn’t believe that these are the girls I used to care 10 yrs ago. Seeing them that day, make me realized that I’ve aged hahaha. I guess most of them are ard 27-29 years old now. 5 of them are already mothers and some of their kids are as old as my son. Times really fly so fast huh?
Even though I was excited to see them and wanted to hear more abt their life after RKM, I have to leave early that night coz I have appointment with the usual “kakis” at 9.30PM. And so reluctantly, I have to bid goodbye but I told them that I’ll try to arrange another meet soon and promise to spend longer time with them. On my way to fetch Acid, my mind flew back to those days at RKM. What would my life be now if I hadn’t been serving the Home?
The reason why I joined RKM was I felt my life was so empty that time. I have no sense of direction in life and felt lost most of the time. So when I was found out that RKM needed WO, I took the opportunity to serve the Home. And I thanked Allah for that coz I’ve never regret the decision I made. I owe my life to RKM and the residents.