The first time I lay my eyes on him 19 years ago, never have I thought that the crush I had will eventually turn to love. The hyper guy I love to observe. The cute face I love to admire. The funny remarks I love to eavesdrop. I miss all those
I can’t remember the first time I started to eye on him. I was in Sec. 2. Eventhough we were in the different session, I would come to school early on every Tuesday and Friday to catch a glimpse of him. It went on for a year. Cheeky of me, huh?? That’s the truth.
When both of us were in the same session the following year, recess was the most favorite time of the day because it was a time I could see him longer. He’d be among the earliest to be at the canteen. And I would leap my way there as fast as I could just to see him. And if he happened to queue at the same stall, my eyes would never leave his sight. Once, he turned around and our eyes met but then he looked away. At that time, I could only wish that he would turn back and looked at me with a smile. That would be more than I can ask for. But he never did.
Canteen was my favorite hangout place. It was not only the place I could mingle with my friends, it was also the best place to spot him. Be it before school, recess time or after school, I would always see him passing by that place to wherever he was heading to. While talking to my friends, my eyes would never stop roaming, looking around for him. Even a slight glimpse of him would make me happy throughout the day. And I would watch him until he was out of my sight. Soon after that I would start to miss him already. Missing a person I never talk or hold. Strange but true.
I remember his PE period by heart. I would look out the window to see him run the 2.4km. Although I would only see him for few seconds, I was so excited. Crazy?? Yes, I was! :P
The spiral staircase opposite the school bookshop was where I always saw him ascending & descending. And I always lure my friends to walk towards that staircase coz I knew we would definitely passed by each other. Each time he walked pass me, I would glance at him from the corner of my eyes but I noticed he never looked at me. Sad but understandable.
1992. I went back to YSS with a plain heart coz I knew I would never see him there anymore. For the next 2 years, I kept looking at the places which could remind me of him and I felt so empty. Hard to believe? Better believe.
1993. Soon after GCE ‘O’, I left YSS with many wonderful and beautiful memories I would never trade with anything in this world. The most precious thing that keep me remembering the school and the guy who stole my heart is the school magazine. I keep the magazine in the safest place possible and once in a while, I would browse through the pages to reminisce the greatest moment of my life. My favorite photo is his class photo - Class 4N1. That is the only photo of him that I have.
I can’t remember the first time I started to eye on him. I was in Sec. 2. Eventhough we were in the different session, I would come to school early on every Tuesday and Friday to catch a glimpse of him. It went on for a year. Cheeky of me, huh?? That’s the truth.
When both of us were in the same session the following year, recess was the most favorite time of the day because it was a time I could see him longer. He’d be among the earliest to be at the canteen. And I would leap my way there as fast as I could just to see him. And if he happened to queue at the same stall, my eyes would never leave his sight. Once, he turned around and our eyes met but then he looked away. At that time, I could only wish that he would turn back and looked at me with a smile. That would be more than I can ask for. But he never did.
Canteen was my favorite hangout place. It was not only the place I could mingle with my friends, it was also the best place to spot him. Be it before school, recess time or after school, I would always see him passing by that place to wherever he was heading to. While talking to my friends, my eyes would never stop roaming, looking around for him. Even a slight glimpse of him would make me happy throughout the day. And I would watch him until he was out of my sight. Soon after that I would start to miss him already. Missing a person I never talk or hold. Strange but true.
I remember his PE period by heart. I would look out the window to see him run the 2.4km. Although I would only see him for few seconds, I was so excited. Crazy?? Yes, I was! :P
The spiral staircase opposite the school bookshop was where I always saw him ascending & descending. And I always lure my friends to walk towards that staircase coz I knew we would definitely passed by each other. Each time he walked pass me, I would glance at him from the corner of my eyes but I noticed he never looked at me. Sad but understandable.
1992. I went back to YSS with a plain heart coz I knew I would never see him there anymore. For the next 2 years, I kept looking at the places which could remind me of him and I felt so empty. Hard to believe? Better believe.
1993. Soon after GCE ‘O’, I left YSS with many wonderful and beautiful memories I would never trade with anything in this world. The most precious thing that keep me remembering the school and the guy who stole my heart is the school magazine. I keep the magazine in the safest place possible and once in a while, I would browse through the pages to reminisce the greatest moment of my life. My favorite photo is his class photo - Class 4N1. That is the only photo of him that I have.
Acid sat in the front row (3rd from the left)...
There it is… 19 years down the road, he is never out of my mind. I don’t know why he is so special. I’ve never spoken nor know him in person. I never knew his likes and dislikes. I never had the chance to find out what’s his favorite color, food, drinks, etc.
Today, the guy I could only see from a distance 19 years ago, is already in my life. He is my dream came true. I used to question why Allah had to test me with so many difficulties in life. Now, I understand that HE is sending the man I am dying to be with. I thanked HIM for that. Alhamdulillah… :)