Monday, February 16, 2009

I won't forget this day...

I was contemplating whether to join Acid and his friends in the paintball game yesterday. I had actually wanted to do it for quite some time. However, since I didn’t know anyone from the group, I was quite hesitated. Thanks to Acid who kept persuading me, finally I decided to give it a shot. And I’m glad I did coz I had fun. Initial plan was to have it at The Bottle Tree Park at Yishun. Later, Ray (the organizer) informed that venue was changed to Orchid Country Club in Yishun too.

It was my first experience playing the game and obviously I didn’t know the objective and rules of the game. Then, I learnt that it was Acid’s first time too! Haiya! I thought he’s familiar with it haha. Anyway, I tried not to be a spoilsport and listened attentively to the instructions given by one of the staff.


I was placed in Team 1 together with Acid, Ray and Sean (Ray’s friend). Since I was the only lady in the team I was asked to take the sniper position. I didn’t know the role of a sniper but since I was new and the guys had promised to cover me up, I agreed to it hahaha. And so when the siren went off, I quickly ran to the sniper tower. Once I reached the point, I started shooting aimlessly at our “enemies”. It felt like I was in the real war ground haha! I couldn’t stop laughing as I shot coz for once I felt I was out of my mind! And I forgot abt the other sniper on the “enemy” side. Then, out of expectation, I was hit once on my right eyes! Luckily all of us had to wear a face mask. Otherwise, I would definitely gone blind that instant or worse DIE! LOL!! It wasn’t pain but due to the impact of the shot (the bullet ball travels at 260-280 km/h!!!), I fell into shock immediately and for few seconds I didn’t dare to look up. Then, I realized I have to defend my other members and so I took the courage to shoot even though most of my shoots were aimless! LOL! Then, I almost got the 2nd hit but it missed my finger. Fuh! I was lucky. Although I felt a slight hit, I didn’t have any bruise. We lose the 1st game! Hahaha! Unfortunately, Acid was not so lucky. One of his fingers was hit and swollen. Poor baby...

On the 2nd rounds, I was more confident and on the ball hehe. I was more determined to shoot as many as I can especially to those who aim at me haha. This time around I didn’t get shot at all!! Yay! Kudos to me! LOL!! And our team won!! Yay!! Kudos to my hero!! Hehehe...



Overall, we played 2 games before calling it end. Acid & I felt it was a short game but we had fun. In fact, we plan to organize similar event for our YSS friends who are interested. It will definitely be more fun!

After the game, we decided to go back to memory lane! I was so thrilled coz we didn’t plan it but since we were already at Yishun, it was a perfect time. Before that, we had our late lunch at Lestari which is just across the street from YSS. We walked along the fencing area. I was quite sad coz the school doesn’t look familiar anymore. Eversince they added a new building behind our school canteen, the music room was gone. The music room is the prominent part of the building coz it stood on 2 pillars just behind our school hall. Right below the music room, is where we used to practice dikir barat, dance for concerts and kuda kepang. Now that place is gone.


As we walked further, I realized that the side gate where I used to sneak out for truanting is no longer there! The basketball & volleyball courts were replaced with the new school building. Then we reached the old building and I spotted my classroom while in Sec 5! Coincidently, I learnt that it was Acid’s classroom in Sec 5 too! We took a pic of the classroom from outside. Then I showed Acid our Malay classroom which was on the ground floor. The old building is pretty much the same except for the walkway which used to be a grass patch area. When we cornered to the left side, I was thrilled to see the back gate! That gate is now wider than the original one but it’s still at the same spot! I hugged that gate which had witnessed my truanting those days. Oh gosh! I almost cried. The small garden area behind the school is now a driveway. The area where I had my St. John’s training every Saturday is hidden by a structure. It looks like they have expanded the toilet area. We continued walking to the front side of the building. It was a total different sight! I can’t almost recognize my own school! I suggested Acid that we went to the 8th floor of the flat opposite the school to get a better view. We took some pictures and stood there for a while trying to recall each section of the building. 15 years since I left YSS and the school had gone through vast changes. The fitness area where the boys used to hangout was demolished too. I almost cried coz I didn’t see the canteen area at all! I miss the old YSS... :(



YSS Then & Now...