Thursday, April 16, 2009

I want to be...

He’s limping these few days coz his feet are aching. He said it could be due to his daily workout activities. I persuaded him to consult medical help but he insists the pain will subside in few days. Another reason for medical consultation refusal is he has anticipated the doctor’s diagnosis and advice. Then he went on mumbling about medical thingy. Haizz... Seriously, I feel he should have been a doctor; not a fitness instructor. :P

Btw, his utmost ambition was to be a successful soccer player like our very own Singapore soccer icon, Fandi Ahmad. Unfortunately, the dream was halted by a leg surgery. Sad indeed but it’s fated.

What was your answer when you were asked about your ambition during your childhood days? Mine was to be a doctor. I know it is a typical answer for most children. Hehe...

Then when I was a teenager, I diverted my dream to be an interior designer. Downgrade a bit but still a good ambition, right? I would spend the entire day illustrating and designing my so-called home concept. I built house models using anything from ice-cream sticks to shoes boxes. I would hide my works under the bed so that my siblings would not ruin them.

After I left school, I realized design is not my true passion. I studied administration skills in a private school but I was more inclined to community job. So, I became a welfare officer. Soon, I realized that social work is my forte. Sadly, I resigned the job after almost 4 years and my passion was forgone. I couldn’t find a similar related job elsewhere because I do not posses the qualification for social work. When I was offered a post by MCDS (now known as MCYS) in their Child Development Unit, I let go the opportunity. Thanks to my stupidity!

So here I am. Neither am I a doctor, an interior designer nor a social worker. Even though I have a stable job now, it’s not a dream one. But I do hope I can do social work on a volunteer basis when all my kids are more independent so that I can spare some of my time doing so. Yes, this is my new... errmm can I call it “ambition”? :)