Wednesday, December 17, 2008

KL Day 2.. (14/12/08)

We woke up at 9AM. I still felt sleepy after the previous night hangout but I forced myself out the bed. Breakfast would end at 10.30AM. I can’t afford to miss my 1st meal of the day! It was Sunday and the Terracotta Restaurant was crowded. We managed to get 2 tables near the buffet area. The food was fabulous!

After breakfast, we took a rest in our rooms until 12PM before taking a cab to the KL Tower. The entrance tickets to the tower ranges from RM20 to RM10 depending on age. I was awed at sight of the crystal ceiling of the KL Tower lift lobby. It must cost a BOMB! The elevator which took us to the tower travel at 270m per min!! That’s damn fast, isn’t it? The view from KL Tower was indeed breathtaking. KL is a vast expanding city, very similar to Singapore. The city view is very nice and impressive indeed. After spending abt 30 minutes up there, we went back to the ground level and shopped for souvenirs. My plan to explore the tropical rainforest at the foot of the tower was halted by the rain. KL Tower is the only tower in the world that has tropical rainforest.

We took cabs and headed to Jln Masjid India instead. The area was similar to Tekka. My 1st stop was at Mydin Superstore. I bought school bag for Nana & school stationeries for the kids. They were very cheap, Even Faber Castel colour pencils are cheaper than in Singapore. My mum bought a pant suit and cloth to make baju kurung for herself and Cik Tipah. While my mum and uncle’s family shopped for clothes, I went to another Mydin store across the road to buy fragrance for Mas. We had lunch at one of the stall near Mydin. I had rice with kampong dishes. It was the most enjoyable meal of the day, I must say.

After we’re done shopping at Jln Masjid India, we headed to Petaling St. I almost lost from my other family members coz the taxi driver alighted me and the kids at a different lane. Luckily my mum and uncle’s family were together. The kids & I had to walk to the Petaling St entrance to fetch the rest. There, I bought a wallet & T-shirts. The merchandises are cheap, cheap, cheap! I went gugu gaga hehe. We shopped till we dropped hehe. Oh Gosh!

Enough of shopping, we went back to the hotel coz the kids were getting tired after half day walk. We had indoor dinner coz all of us were too tired. I dozed off at abt 10PM even though the kids were still playing. :P