Wednesday, December 17, 2008

KL Day 1.. (12/12/08 & 13/12/08)

We left home at abt 8.30PM. Took a cab and headed to Tanjong Pagar Railway Stn. We reached there half an hour later and the place was already crowded with passengers waiting to board the same train. By 9.30PM, we proceeded to the Malaysia custom counter and boarded the train. My kids were very excited coz it was their 1st train ride. At 10.30PM sharp, the train left the railway stn. I was actually scared of train ride esp. night ride. I managed to fall asleep for a while. I woke up at around 1AM to find myself already at Segamat railway stn. Altogether there were at least 7 stops before we reached KL Sentral Stn at abt 6.30AM. And I was so damn sleepy due to lack of sleep.

We had breakfast at KL Sentral McDonald’s before taking cabs to our lodge for the 3-days stay. We’ve booked The Zon All Suites Residences by the Park. It was a service apartment in the Triangle Zone (5 mins walk to KLCC). However, there were no room available and we had to wait till 2PM before we could check into our rooms. We waited at the lobby area and some of my family fell asleep at the sofas hehe. Tired of waiting, we walked to the Petronas Tower at abt 10AM. There we went shopping for my kids’ clothes and sundries. After having our lunch at one of the food court in KLCC, we headed back to the hotel. Still we are unable to check in coz the rooms were not ready. So, I brought the kids for a swim at the hotel pool. At last, at abt 1.30PM, we were able to check into our rooms. Phew!

My kids were obviously thrilled the moment we stepped our foot into the apt. It was a 2-bedroom apt with kitchenette complete with utensils. Overall, the apt was nicely furnished and spacious too. It’s worth my RM680 for 2 nights. First thing all of us did was BATH! Haha! After that we took a short nap. At abt 4PM, we went to Berjaya Times Sq to do a little shopping. My kids & I went for some rides at the Cosmos (an indoor theme park in the Times Sq). After that, we had our dinner at The Chicken Rice Shop before calling it a day.

At abt 10PM, Adah (my FB friend) picked me up and we hangout at her usual hangout place, Rasa Sayang. Actually I was supposed to meet her earlier but due to my stupidity, I couldn’t get thru her. By the time I realized my stupidity, it was already 9PM. It was our first meet but we were very comfortable talking abt our personal life and stuffs. As I’ve expected, Adah is a very friendly and bubbly person. She’s sweet and kind. 45 minutes later, her cousin, Kadri aka Yop joined us. I got acquainted with him through FB too. Finally, I meet my KL cyber friends! Sadly, the rest were unable to join us such as Adly, Izan & Su.

We were so engrossed in our conversations that we didn’t realize it was already 1+AM hehe. Adah drove me back to the apt. It was a memorable night with both of them. Something I’ll never forget for the rest of my life.