Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Before school 1st term holiday ends... :)



Weekend without Acid is not boring after all even though I wished he’d be with us. On Sunday, we went outings with Maya & her gang including Sue and her hubby. She and Alif picked us up at 9.30AM to Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden situated in the Botanic Gardens. It was our 1st time visit.


It’s a mini garden, suitable for kids aged 4-10 years. The educational information provided at the garden is what I like most. Very easy to understand and interesting too. Even adult get to learn some facts abt plants that is still unknown to us. For example, how many of us know that banana is not a plant, but herb?? Do you?


The kids had fun exploring the garden as well as learning. We, the parents, had to catch up with their ever hyper actions. Sometimes I wonder where do they get the energy from?? Haizz..

After we were done with the discovery around the garden area, it’s time for water play! Actually they were looking forward to it eagerly. Once changed to their swimming suits, off they flung to the water play area. We let them play for abt half an hour before changing them back to their clothes and left for lunch.


Overall, I like the place a lot and so do Maya & Sue. Except for many ants especially at the grass patch area, the place is fun. Perhaps more schools should organize their Learning Journey there.


After lunch at Al-Azhar, the kids suggested we went to the Bottle Tree Park @ Yishun. And so off we go. There is a small longkang-like (drain) place where kids can catch small fishes at $10/- per person for unlimited time. Ili & Iyas seemed to enjoy it the most. They caught many fishes that Maya, Sue & I joked that they can be potential fisherman/woman in future haha. After spending abt 1 hr there, we make our move to Maya’s house to rest for a while before heading to Upper Pierce Reservoir for our last activity to end the week.


We left Maya’s place at abt 5.00PM for the usual soccer fun for the boys and men. Iyas didn’t have his boots coz it was actually unplanned. Alif dug his shoes rack and found a pair of snickers for him but later in the car, he said he didn’t want to wear it. So I let him play soccer bare-footed.


We left UPR at almost 7PM. As usual, Alif and Maya sent us home. I thought after bathing, the kids would be tired and retire to bed early but my judgment proven wrong. They were more energetic after that! OMG! I had to force them to bed that night which they obviously not happy about hehe. Sorry kids. :P

That night, Acid came back from Aur too. He reached Katong Mall at around 9.30PM and did some cleaning jobs on the diving equipments before going home. We didn’t talk much that night coz both of us were tired and went to bed early. Zzzzzz...