Monday, May 18, 2009

17 years ago & 34 years today...

I’m 34 today??!! Gosh! 17 years ago, I was a sweet 17 but eager to be an adult. Today, after 17 years, I wish I’m 17 again! Crazy me, right?? Hahaha I know.

But on a serious note, I do wish I am that old today. Life was free from problem (even if there’s any it do not bother me so much). Seriously, I would trade whatever I have now in exchange for that. Looking back, many years has passed without me realizing many incidences had happen in my life. If only we can foresee our future, perhaps we can take precaution to avoid unnecessary, unpleasant & unwanted incidences from happening. Well, if everything is prefect, life won’t be adventurous at all, isn’t it? No wait! I’m not being positive. I’m just trying to console myself. :P

Ok, let’s recall my birth:-

I was born on May 18, 1975 in Toa Payoh Hospital at 2.02AM (very early Sunday morning). While most Singaporeans were already fast asleep, down in a labor ward of TPH, a premature baby girl came wailing (a sign that she’s not ready to see the world!). Yup, I was born during 28 weeks gestation (abt 2 mths before term). My mom said I was very tiny and weak and had to be placed in an isolette for few weeks. I was hospitalized for 2 months before the doctors were satisfied that I was fit to go home. Pity, isn’t it? And my parents’ ordeal did not end there. My mom said I was a very difficult baby - cried all the time and fell sick often. Such a huge sacrifice they’ve done for me and that can never be paid even with all the wealth in this world. I wish my dad is still alive so that I can repay him. Now I’m doing my best to make my mom as happy as possible. Many times in the past, I always defy her and looking back I really regret my actions.

Well folks, that’s all. My hope after this birthday is to start a whole new life with Acid, just as new as the day I was born. Insya’Allah... :)